Metal (iron), Plant (fiber)
5.88 x 3.13 x 0.53 cm
Hawaii, Hawaii, Polynesia
This is a barbless iron one-piece fishhook with the attached ka'a, the snell of the fishing line, and remnants of the aho cordage or fishing line. One of the names for barbless fishhooks is 'omau, which means "to hold steadfast." This fishhook was found on January 5, 1920 in a stone foundation when pulling down Puila's house, lot 6.
This object is associated with Henriques
Collection Name: Henriques Collection